Residential Care and Treatment for the Adult Mentally Ill
Lauren Pursley, Executive Director, shares her perspective on the culture at The Mental Health Co-op.
The Mental Health Co-op is a premier residential treatment program
and On-going Care facility for care of the young adult and adult mentally ill.
The agency serves all ages 18 and above who may have the following:
- Emerging adult disorder - problems of transitioning from adolescence to young adulthood
- Schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Addiction disorders associated with other mental health disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Borderline and other personality disorders
- all the above diagnoses plus closed head injury.
Ongoing Care Services are not time oriented and may be for short term or long term care for individuals who may or may not become independent.
The agency was founded by Grover C. Shaunty, MSW in the early 1960s and has been in the Texas location since 1981. Staff includes representations of all mental disciplines.
Like us on